7 August 2014

Starting With Plants

Kereru Class (and parent helpers) here is a short (but sweet) email we received from John Campbell at the Museum after our visit there on Thursday. You are all awesome!!!
Angie,
Your students, staff and parents were fantastic, as always I thoroughly enjoyed the St Pauls visit.
Please pass on to your principal how impressed I was with your kids.
Best Regards
John Campbell


It was lots of fun at the museum. I learnt that bees have noses and they use them to get the nectar out of the plant and pollen sticks to their legs.
By Emma

My favourite part was drawing different plants.
By Henry

I had a fun time. I learnt about the food chain in nature like how some insects eat bits of a tree and birds eat the insects and stoats and other animals eat the birds then bigger birds eat the stoats.
By Charlie

I liked the flower activity. I learnt how bees extract the pollen from the flower. I also learnt that with pine cones some seeds don't make it out of the cone so they rot.
By Ben

The museum trip was really fun. My favourite part was sketching the plants.
By Savanna

I learnt that there are male and female flowers and they're not common gender.
By Emily

When the wind blows the seeds come out and blow away so a new plant grows somewhere else.
By Trinity



2 comments:

  1. AWESOME TRIP !!!!!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a great time, i learnt so much and had so much fun!! emily:)

    ReplyDelete