20 October 2014

Holiday Recount Writing

Excerpts from recount writing:

Meanwhile, I still hadn't caught a fish. I reeled up my line and, in a bad mood, stomped over to the picnic table that we were using to hold our bait, reel, tackle and lunch. I laid my fishing rod against the table and lapsed back into my sulk. Aunty Jane noticed though because she asked what was wrong. ''I'm never gonna catch a fish'' I grumped.
''Well, you have been using that squid bait for rather long...'' she said doubtfully.
By Emily

"Hello, I am Gerry Quinn."
Pleased to meet you.
" I will be putting your braces on your teeth."
Yeah, looks like it too. He snaps on some gloves and tells my mum to come in.
He explains that..... I don't really understand anything he is saying.
Gerry tells me to sit down on a large chair, which is suprisingly comfy!
I'm not really sitting down on the chair, I'm lying down.
So comfy, so comfy, So- SNAP!!!!! Another snap of gloves snaps me back into my senses.
I feel like I'm aware of everything in the world now! Another dentist has walked into the room and this time, it's a woman. She hands me some sunglasses to protect my eyes from a bright light they're shining into my mouth.
By Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment